This year Latvian Bank intends to issue five collector coins as well as two 2 euro commemorative coins and a circulation coin set.
The collector coins will be dedicated to various topics relevant to Latvia:
- Centenary of the Constitution of the Republic of Latvia;
- 150th birthday of Vilhelms Purvītis and his creative work;
- Natural meadows of Latvia;
- Centenary of Latvijas Banka;
- Art and music (an innovative coin).
In 2022, Latvijas Banka will issue two 2 euro commemorative coins:
- 2 euro commemorative coin “Financial Literacy” in circulation quality and in gift packaging as well as a circulation coin set bearing the same name;
- 2 euro commemorative coin dedicated to the 35th anniversary of the Erasmus programme in circulation quality and in gift packaging. This will be a 2 euro commemorative coin with a common design across the euro area.
The issue dates will be announced shortly before the coins are available for purchase.