Placing an Order
1. An order of goods placed on the website www.tavex.lv in accordance with the Consumer Rights Protection Law (CRPL) of the Republic of Latvia, Article 10, between Customer and Seller is considered as a distance contract.
2. By placing an order, the Customer confirms his/her intention to purchase the goods at the prices specified in the order.
4. Upon placing the order, the Customer will automatically receive an email with an invoice with payment details. First-time customers might have to check all incoming message folders, including spam or junk email.
5. Before the order is approved, the E-store basket will indicate all the costs related to the purchase of the goods included in the order, except those costs that may be requested from the customer by the Customer’s bank or the Paying Authority, for example, for making a payment, currency conversion or other activities.
6. The ordered products and selected delivery method can be paid by bank transfer, PayPal payment, or in cash in one of the Seller’s offices if the items are available in stock, in compliance with the limits set by the laws of the Republic of Latvia regarding cash settlements (Law on Taxes and Fees, Article 30).
7. The Seller reserves the right to determine the types of payment for each commodity (the number of payment methods may differ for each item or groups of goods) and to set the administration fee for separate types of payment, indicating the amount of commission as a separate item in the order and including it in the total order invoice.
8. Payment for the ordered goods must be transferred to Tavex immediately or within 1 hour after receipt of the order invoice if the selected payment method is a bank or other transfer.
9. All prices in the Seller’s E-store are in euro (EUR). If you wish to pay for investment gold or silver in a different currency, please contact us by phone on +37167205522 or by email to email@example.com during business hours from 9:00 to 16:30 in order to agree on the transaction exchange rate and an invoice with the amount in a foreign currency
10. The Seller’s E-store shows exchange rates against the euro. The currency purchase rate reflects the amount of currency the customer has to pay to obtain EUR 1. The selling rate reflects the amount of currency the customer will receive for EUR 1 if the currency exchange is in cash.
11. All prices in the E-store are shown with VAT (21%) if the goods are taxable. Investment gold bars and coins are non-taxable goods.
12. In the e-store, prices for payment administration and delivery are shown separately from the prices of goods.
Cancellation of order
13. If the payment is not made within the time period specified in these terms and conditions, Tavex reserves the right to cancel the order.
14. The order can be cancelled in the event of an emergency, if for certain reasons there is no possibility to sell the product, in which case the full amount of money paid will be returned immediately to the Customer. Possible reasons for the cancellation of an order:
a. Technical difficulties or damage in the IT systems that result in an incorrect display of the product price or availability status which does not reflect the actual one;
b. Delivery problems – Delivery of goods on order cannot be made within the deadline;
c. An emergency situation on the world precious metals market, such as rapid price fluctuations, or a downturn in the supply of precious metals.
15. The Seller does not bear responsibility for any losses incurred by the Customer in connection with the cancellation of the invoice and the return of the money, such as fluctuations in world currency exchange rates and commissions for credit institutions on the Customer’s account.
Cancellation of Order and the Right of Withdrawal
16. Investment gold, like world currencies, equities and securities, is an object of the global financial market. Precious metals are dependent on the fluctuations on the capital and commodities market. In accordance with Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No. 255 “Provisions on the distance contract” article 22.2 (Cabinet Regulations No. 255 ) The Customer is not allowed to use withdrawal rights, if the price of a product is dependent on the fluctuations of price on financial markets during period of withdrawal, and The Seller has no control on the price of the product.
17. The Seller is ready to accept the Customer’s withdrawal application and provide exchange of the product, if received product or it’s quality is not in accordance with description of the product in E-store or it is damaged (damaged coin or bar or it’s factory packaging); In this case, The Customer needs to send The Seller application mentioned in the article 21 during a period mentioned in the article 18.
18. If the Customer has reconsidered and decided to refuse to purchase silver coins or other non-investment gold goods, the Law on Consumer Rights Protection of the Republic of Latvia (CRPL) and the regulatory Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 255 “Provisions on the distance contract” (Cabinet Regulations No. 255 ) stipulate that the Customer has the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 calendar days and return the item purchased from the E-store to the Seller. Clause 12 (6) of the CRPL stipulates that by refusing to purchase in the event of a distance contract, “the consumer is responsible for maintaining the quality and safety of the product during the exercise of the right of withdrawal”. We recommend keeping the original packaging of the goods to avoid the goods being externally damaged while exercising the right of withdrawal under the terms of the distance contract. The Seller retains the right to refuse to accept a product that is damaged or not in a complete set. To agree on the return of the goods, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +371 6720 55 33, indicating the order number and date.
19. The Customer shall return the goods to the Seller without undue delay, but not later than within 14 days after sending a withdrawal form or notice of the exercise of the right of withdrawal to the Seller. The deadline is met if the item was shipped back before the 14 day deadline. This requirement does not apply in cases where the Seller himself offered to take back the goods.
20. The Customer shall bear the direct cost of returning the goods as well as the cost of depreciation in the case referred to in paragraph 12.
21. A buyer’s withdrawal form can be found here (pdf).
22. The Customer has the right to receive the item personally without any additional charge in one of the Seller’s offices whose addresses can be found here: https://tavex.lv/en/contact-us-in-latvia/. The order can be received only by the person who made the payment if the payment for the order was made in a non-cash order.
23. The Seller provides the delivery of the investment gold bars and coins within the territory of the Republic of Latvia using insured shipment services. The value of the delivery order cannot exceed EUR 5000.
The Customer agrees to pay the costs of the insured shipment, which can be found in the basket of the E-store, choosing the type of delivery.
24. The Seller provides the delivery of silver coins and bars within the territory of the Republic of Latvia as well as international delivery. In the case of international delivery, the order value may not exceed EUR 5000.
25. The Seller provides the delivery of goods through the services of several postal service providers. The Seller informs the Customer of the postal service provider before the order is sent out.
26. Delivery costs and tariffs for the order are calculated and shown on the order prepaid invoice, confirmed by the Customer.
27. The Seller confirms that if the Customer makes an order with the insured delivery method and pays the invoice, the Seller is ready to re-send the order or to compensate the Customer for the full value of the order if, during the delivery, the goods are damaged or lost, within 10 working days.
28. The Seller reserves the right to refuse to deliver the goods if the delivery of a particular item is at increased risk and may invite the Customer to receive the item on-site in one of the Seller’s offices, compensating the Customer for the delivery and insurance costs, if such were already paid at that time.
29. When making a purchase in an E-store with the delivery of the item, an electronic invoice is issued to the Customer together with the item. The Seller and the Customer agree for the invoice to be prepared electronically and for it to be valid without a signature. The Seller reserves the right to send or deliver to the Customer, at the place of receipt of the goods, an invoice which requires the signatures of both parties. The Customer is obliged to sign this invoice upon receipt of the order and return it to the Seller by post in a free postage envelope that is attached to the invoice.
30. Claims received regarding the quality of the product will be resolved in accordance with the norms of the Law on Consumer Rights Protection of the Republic of Latvia, in accordance with the regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 631. “Procedures by which a consumer’s claim for non-conforming goods or services is to be considered “(Cabinet Regulation No. 631).
31. The provisions of the CRPL do not apply to cases where goods are acquired by legal entities.
Personal Data Processing
32. The Customer permits the processing of his/her personal data for the purpose of carrying out the operations necessary for the accounting and the delivery of the order. The processing of personal data by the Seller is registered with the Data State Inspectorate of the Republic of Latvia, reg. no. 001880. The personal data processing manager is SIA “TAVEX”. The Seller carries out the processing of personal data, keeping only the amount of personal data required for accounting.
33. The Seller does not disclose the personal data of the Customer to third parties, except in cases provided in the regulatory enactments of the Republic of Latvia and in cases where personal data are necessary for the dispatch of the goods by the courier.
34. The Seller has the right to change the terms of purchase without notice. The Terms are effective as soon as they are available on the E-store website www.tavex.lv